1. If you could make a 30 second speech to the entire world, what would you say
Every single action you take has an effect on every person you come in contact with. Instead of being told what to think, think for yourself. Ask questions. Love yourself. Love other people. All lives matter, yours doesn’t matter more than anyone else’s. Everyone suffers. Everyone thinks someone’s grass is greener. Go out. Meet people. Shed your fears. And above all- dance. Because the dancefloor is the great leveler where race/class/sexual preference/sexual identity and all that shit we use to classify ourselves doesn’t matter.
2. If you were going to die at midnight, what would you be doing at 11:45pm
Lying in the arms of a loved one, in comfort, knowing I have done my best, listening to Pacha-One Kiss (FOS mix)
3. How do you really KNOW anything for sure?
empirical evidence, other than that, I don’t
4. If you had all the money in the world but still had to have some kind of job, what would you choose to do?
I would run a lemur sanctuary in Madagascar
5. When you’re 90 years old, what will matter most to you?
The absurdity that I’m still fucking alive at 90.
6. What do you regret most so far in life?
The 7 years I spent on a suicide mission, time wasted.
7. How can you apply the lesson you learned from that regret to your life TODAY?
Acknowledging the fact that I am important to a few people and that abuse through neglect is not OK
8. What would you change if you were told with 100% certainty that God does not exist? Or if you don’t believe in God, that he does exist?
Because I have never believed one way or the other (how could I know? I’m not arrogant enough to think that my viewpoint is the correct one) I wouldn’t change anything. I am agnostic.
9. If you lost everything tomorrow, whose arms would you want to run into? Does that person know how much they mean to you?
Todd’s, and yes, he does, and would likely say the same.
10. Do you fear death? If so, do you have a good reason?
No. Death is inevitable. I fear pain.
11. What would you change if you knew you were NEVER going to die?
That is too horrendous to contemplate. I already feel like I’m mentally 260 years old.
12. If you were at heaven’s gates, and God asked “you why should I let you in?”, what would you say?
Because I left the world better for my being in it
13. When will you be good enough for you? Is there some breaking point where you will accept everything about yourself?
When I reach 99% compliance with “Because I said I would” when I make promises to myself, for myself.
14. Is the country you live in really the best fit for you?
Absolutely not. In fact it’s probably the absolute worst fit for me. I’m not and will never be a US Citizen. I just need to get the ball rolling on my “retirement plan”
15. What would people say about you at your funeral?
I hope they would all just play a song of their choosing that reminds them of me. It would be interesting to know what song each attendee would choose.
16. What small thing could you do to make someone’s day better?
Ask them about their life, ask “What is the best thing you have ever done?” and listen without interrupting.
17. (If you believe in god) would your relationship with god change it all if you were told with 100% certainty that he was actually a she?
I believe we are connected somehow in the universe, when i pray, I pray to Ganesha- a man with the head of an elephant-as a physical stand in for the unknowable. So really, gender doesn’t come into it.
18. What do you believe stands between you and complete happiness?
Gratitude for what has already been and what will be. And seeing progress being made and people opening their eyes to the possibilities instead of complaining about the impossibilities.